Who's Online
14 registered (Jcamacho123, Drewman804, TQV203, readytohunt, Jonasben98, shenlon, Tundradude, Gnome, oscar1, Scopebite, 4 invisible), 17 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#924806 - 07/19/15 09:28 PM Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29573755/man-armed-guard-recruiting-office

or

http://tinyurl.com/p99rbsk

Man armed with AR-15 stands guard at Virginia military recruiting offices
By Emily Miller, FOX 5 Chief Investigative Reporter

WINCHESTER, Va. - The horrific murder of four Marines in Chattanooga showed the vulnerability of military recruitment centers. They are in public locations, and by law, they are “gun free zones” -- meaning the military that are there are not allowed to carry their weapons.

As the country realized the Marines that were killed were unarmed at the recruiting center, people have started showing up to provide security.

At 8 a.m. Friday morning, one man decided to spend his day off standing guard outside of a military recruitment center in Winchester, Virginia.

He is not worried about another attack like Chattanooga here. But he is making a statement.

“People need to call their congressman, they need to call their senators and they need to change these laws that are on the books so these guys can protect themselves so a regular old citizen doesn't have to go out and do it,” he told us.

The man asked to remain unidentified, but he said when he heard about the four Marines killed by a terrorist in Tennessee, he thought, “Here we go again.”

“It’s fundamental Muslim extremism,” he said. “They declared war on us and we seem to not put it in perspective and realizing that the war is here.”

The military has been grateful for the symbolic support.

“I went into each office, the ones that were open, and I was received with handshakes and thank yous,” he said. “They constantly came by, and not only them, but their wives came by in tears thanking me for just being out here. They baked cookies for me and brought lunch by.”

You don't need a permit to openly carry guns in Virginia.

“The police already came by and checked me out, cleared my guns, doing their duty,” said the man. “It was all good.”

We went to two other Virginia Marine recruiting centers and found no change in security since the Chattanooga shootings.

A Marine recruiting center in Chantilly was shot at through the windows one night back in 2010. No one was injured. It was not open when we got there on Friday. It sits openly on a strip mall just like the one in Chattanooga.

But the two warning signs on the door showed the conflict the military faces now.

Bravo -- that is the warning about a heightened threat against military in the United States by the terrorist ISIS group.

Right next to it was a warning sign stating no firearms or weapons allowed inside.

A Marine recruiting center in Fairfax is not visible from the street. But you can’t miss the weapons prohibited sign on the door. The Marines working here are not allowed to have their weapons at work.

“We need to know what our rights are and not let anyone take them away,” said the man in front of the Winchester recruiting center. “Too people died for these freedoms. I’ve never been in the military. I never served as law enforcement, but I certainly am grateful for those men and women who have died in past to secure those freedoms.

——

Here is an article on the “no guns” sign on recruiting center doors:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/...-a-huge-debate/

or

http://tinyurl.com/ojc9q52

——

And another article on the gun-ban that leaves our brave military members vulnerable to attack:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/1...protect-selves/

or

http://tinyurl.com/nd9g44s

INFO FROM VCDL's VA-ALERTS
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#924826 - 07/19/15 10:40 PM Re: Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station [Re: Agent19]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Great post Agent19, but the very simple answer is to ban another flag and this senseless violence will end immediately... because we all know that the US or USMC flag caused all this violence.

So which flag to ban??? US or USMC???

What a minute... maybe... just maybe... we do not ban either... grow a pair and simply let Marines do what they do very well.

Yeah, I know I am off the deep end again.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#924863 - 07/20/15 07:29 AM Re: Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station [Re: Cash is King]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Originally Posted By: Cash is King
Great post Agent19, but the very simple answer is to ban another flag and this senseless violence will end immediately... because we all know that the US or USMC flag caused all this violence.

So which flag to ban??? US or USMC???

What a minute... maybe... just maybe... we do not ban either... grow a pair and simply let Service members do what they do very well.

Yeah, I know I am off the deep end again.

Agreed, with a slight edit.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#925010 - 07/20/15 12:29 PM Re: Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station [Re: Agent19]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Excellent edit... my error. Thanks.

Thought for the day:

Bad guys doing harm with guns can be stopped by good guys with guns.

It is not really the deep philosophy or complicated idea that many would have you believe.

As an example: I personally watched a parent say "No" to a child once and the child stopped misbehaving.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#925024 - 07/20/15 01:03 PM Re: Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station [Re: Cash is King]
g-shooter Offline
Great at putting the worm on the hook!!

Loc: NoVa
City or County: Alexandria
Originally Posted By: Cash is King
Excellent edit... my error. Thanks.

Thought for the day:

Bad guys doing harm with guns can be stopped by good guys with guns.

It is not really the deep philosophy or complicated idea that many would have you believe.

As an example: I personally watched a parent say "No" to a child once and the child stopped misbehaving.

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

It all is too simple. Sue mosques that preach hate and bulldoze them. Same thing they do with other hate crimes/criminals.

Back on topic. Great article.

Btw, when I got out of the Army, I joined the Va Natl guard and ran an armory. We always had loaded guns around....like everybody did. We wanted to get caught with them rather without them!

Edited by g-shooter (07/20/15 01:07 PM)

If you are a Leader without followers you aren't leading...you are taking a walk.

#925740 - 07/22/15 07:57 AM Re: Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station [Re: Agent19]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Gun-toting citizens are showing up at military recruiting centers around the country, saying they plan to protect recruiters following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/afte...ters/ar-AAdjBog

#926922 - 07/25/15 07:50 AM Re: Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station [Re: Agent19]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

“While we greatly appreciate the outpouring of support for our recruiters from the American public, we ask that individuals not stand guard at recruiting offices as it could adversely impact our mission, and potentially create unintended security risks,” Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said in a statement on Friday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentagon-asks-armed-civilians-to-stand-down/ar-AAdty22

#927623 - 07/26/15 09:18 PM Re: Virginia man voluntarily stands guard at recruiting station [Re: Agent19]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Military personnel are effectively prohibited from carrying personal firearms for protection by a Department of Defense Directive of 2011, which states “Arming DoD personnel with firearms shall be limited and controlled. Qualified personnel shall be armed when required for assigned duties and there is reasonable expectation that DoD installations, property, or personnel lives or DoD assets will be jeopardized if personnel are not armed.” That directive traces back to another Directive from the early 1990s, which contains similar language.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150721...-right-to-carry