Who's Online
14 registered (monkeystomach, WheelyZ, LordHobo, ken792, geatkins, TheFielder, Sam1234, Hemiphant_arms, Vabigbuckhunter, hawgdaddy, Kendo, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#928398 - 07/28/15 05:47 PM 4LibertySake
daddydubbs Offline
Gun fool

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Locust grove
4LibertySake contacted me about purchasing my 300 blackout. After a few exchanges he agreed to asking price but wanted me to drive to him in northern va after 9pm. I declined due to time at night(do not know him. Could be a setup) and distance. I made a few attempts to work out an arrangement to meet that would work for both of us. We came to an agreement to meet today between 7-9 pm. I informed him 7 would work and that I needed the location and to have two forms of ID. Apparently I struck a nerve due to the response I got back. He stated that I need to look at his profile. He is a good guy and now he is no longer interested in purchasing my 300 blackout. He also stated I was to aggressive in the manner of trying to work out a time and place that works for both of us. I apologize if I am not willing to meet a total stranger late at night in an area I am unfamiliar with. I feel 4Liberty had no intention of purchasing the 300 blackout. I will also add that I did call him a **I'm an idiot** after he backed out of the deal. I let my emotions at the time get the best of me.

#928458 - 07/28/15 08:07 PM Re: 4LibertySake [Re: daddydubbs]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to 4LibertySake inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#931063 - 08/03/15 11:18 PM Re: 4LibertySake [Re: daddydubbs]
4LibertySake Offline
A veteran for the cause of Liberty

Loc: VA
City or County: Sterling
Please read and decide for yourself if you would want to do business with this person.

Of greatest concern, his text "Your an **I'm an idiot**. Wish you best of luck having the dick that is stuck in your **I'm an idiot** removed."

Background:

On Sunday 25 July 2015, (2 days ago) I initiated communications for a firearm. After learning of distance and schedules, I informed him that, The next day I could make it past Woodbridge (95 south) is Sunday afternoon, August 9th.

The guy really wanted to sell this thing and it came across quite aggressive (in my opinion) in his texts.

As such, On Tuesday (28 July), he asks if I can meet before 9. I informed him between 7:15 and 9, but it would have to be father North than he wanted.

He responds: Location we are meeting must be in public. You will need va id and voter registration or ccw permit.

I replay:
" Of course. I'm not sure if you seen my reviews, but I always have and am one of the good guys.

It may just be me, but this seems to be a difficult exchange. It may be because we live a distance away or that you've had issues in nOVA in the past."

Previously, he wrote, " In the past I would [driven to buyer] but these days ppl don't show or show up w/ less money then discussed."

Here's a few of his responses to me when I tell him that I am no longer comfortable completing the transaction with him.

"Your an **I'm an idiot**. Wish you best of luck having the dick that is stuck in your **I'm an idiot** removed.

I have not given you any reason to back out before this. I was kind enough to come to you during nova traffic. Don't full yourself.

**I'm an idiot** way to represent military vets.

It is when a person claims to be a man of god and purposely misinforms ppl."

Michael
703-501-7156

#931074 - 08/04/15 12:02 AM Re: 4LibertySake [Re: daddydubbs]
4LibertySake Offline
A veteran for the cause of Liberty

Loc: VA
City or County: Sterling
From his profile, others have had good dealings with him in the past. I had hoped and planned for a similar scenario.

Aside from this interaction, I've had nothing but great dealings within our va gun trader community. The beauty of this forum is that we voluntary come together to buy, sell and trade with like minded people. I still see this community as a solid and great community; a great group of guys. Through I have made a point not to engaging in social media, there are times when it's necessary and appropriate to bring the darkness to light. In this case, when someone is willing to react the way he did because the transaction was called off, I believe I owe it to the community to share what he said.

Aside from the direct Quotes above that are revealing and speak for themselves, I would simply caution anyone to trust their gut. If something feels off, call the transaction off. If the other person is honorable, they will either try to seek to understand or simply wish you the best. Who knows, maybe their response leads you to salvaged the situation.

I hope to continue my interactions with likeminded community members and have every intention of leaving this bad transaction in the past.

Michael
703-501-7156

#931084 - 08/04/15 01:34 AM Re: 4LibertySake [Re: daddydubbs]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded ... thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln