Who's Online
3 registered (Chris Wilson, P Stoneburner, trailertrash), 6 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#971091 - 11/17/15 05:20 PM Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond?
218albemarle Offline
Gun Accessory Guru

Loc: dunnsville va
City or County: Dunnsville, va
Has Clinton's Governor lost his freaking mind? How can this idiot speak for me? How can this idiot put my family in danger? Why isn't this idiot as well as Clinton and Obama nation prison for putting all of us in danger?
I am very upset and afraid. I feel that my entire family needs to be locked and loaded everywhere they go.

#971094 - 11/17/15 05:24 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
bigblock935 Offline
rule #2 -----double tap

Loc: Carrsville
City or County: Isle of Wight
Amen brother I'm with you all the way and watch who your selling guns to now

#971095 - 11/17/15 05:26 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Originally Posted By: 218albemarle
I feel that my entire family needs to be locked and loaded everywhere they go.

You mean they weren't?

#971136 - 11/17/15 06:25 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
6.5x55 Offline
Nature points out the folly of men

Loc: Ashland
City or County: Hanover
If little Clinton Mcterry imports the terrorists he will likely house them in Arlington, Herndon, Annandale and Hoodbridge with all the other illegals.

He will make it geographically easy for them to get across the Potomac to visit their Mulla obummer.

Next time obummer invites a Muslim with a board full of wires and timers to visit D.C., the crap will hit the fan.

Edited by 6.5x55 (11/17/15 06:26 PM)

#971172 - 11/17/15 07:24 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
10k refugees coming here for free housing , food and health care ...... What about united states vets who served this country who are now homeless , hungry , have no health insurance

#971191 - 11/17/15 07:56 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
troutnut Offline
Fish fear me.

Loc: Mcgaheysville
City or County: Rockingham
10,000 refugees with no possible background check , and zero job skills other than running an AK and possible terrorist training . Gotta love our government.

#971259 - 11/17/15 10:37 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Time to voice our displeasure to the governor, your senator and your representative. Bury them in emails and calls.

#971624 - 11/18/15 09:11 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: Mark S]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
Originally Posted By: Mark S
Time to voice our displeasure to the governor, your senator and your representative. Bury them in emails and calls.

actions speak louder than words (or emails)
http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/971534/gonew/1#UNREAD

#971912 - 11/19/15 03:47 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
Boosted_FG2 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
Over 200,000 In total with no paper work what so ever said to come here from what I hear. They have caught multiple "refugee" isis members using this open door advantage to slip in several countries much easier. How are we to tell them apart?. It's going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately. We must protect ourselves and our american soil without question since our government won't. As if we don't have enough problems on our own lands, hungry american vets on the streets but were gonna house 200,000 of these refugees?. Very disturbing situation

#972641 - 11/21/15 01:40 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
It is a very dangerous time in America right now. If you don't carry EVERY DAY and all of your family, you better start right this minute!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#973255 - 11/23/15 08:15 AM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Already here and more coming.

Several states governors has said they will not take in more.

Very likely they will be reshuffled and distributed to other consenting states.

Be aware. Be ready. Be Americans

#973348 - 11/23/15 11:26 AM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
joea22 Offline
German engineering at its finest

Loc: NOVA-FFX CO
City or County: Falls Church
All the refugees I have seen, are extremely gracious and respectful. There are bad apples ( in this case extremely bad apples) amongst all groups. Did we forget about the Islamic extremists already on US soil!? In camps and compounds we know about?

The refugees are just that, they have been displaced by horrendous acts of hatred and injustice. Is it Americas responsibility to care for them? No. But does that mean we shouldn't? I hope not. Don't be so quick to judge them based on their religious beliefs. sometimes, being American can mean putting down your gun and giving someone a hug, and warm meal. i haven't seen a single post for advocacy of our vets( both in good standing and those who are less fortunate) until now, don't use their service as a crutch to spread your distaste for the decisions being made. Bottom line, Syrian people, whether they are Muslim or scientologist or what ever, are still humans like you and I. and if it was your children in place of theirs, you would be kicking down barriers and boarders to protect them just the same.

#973426 - 11/23/15 03:17 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: joea22]
VAis4GunLovers Offline
Marksman

Loc: Fairfax County
City or County: NoVA
Originally Posted By: joea22
All the refugees I have seen, are extremely gracious and respectful. There are bad apples ( in this case extremely bad apples) amongst all groups.

This is true

Did we forget about the Islamic extremists already on US soil!? In camps and compounds we know about?
The so called 'terror training camps' are a lie, created by hateful people and xenoohobes.

The refugees are just that, they have been displaced by horrendous acts of hatred and injustice. Is it Americas responsibility to care for them? No. But does that mean we shouldn't? I hope not. Don't be so quick to judge them based on their religious beliefs. sometimes, being American can mean putting down your gun and giving someone a hug, and warm meal. i haven't seen a single post for advocacy of our vets( both in good standing and those who are less fortunate) until now, don't use their service as a crutch to spread your distaste for the decisions being made. Bottom line, Syrian people, whether they are Muslim or scientologist or what ever, are still humans like you and I. and if it was your children in place of theirs, you would be kicking down barriers and boarders to protect them just the same.

Very well said.

I wonder if the Native Americans who gave assistance to the refugee pilgrims had the same arguments that we're now having today about assisting them?

#973456 - 11/23/15 04:43 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

If they aren't willing to fight and die for their own country why would I want to let them into mine.

Yeah, that's harsh. Guess what, life's tough and then you die. On top of that, we already know that the enemies of our religion, our freedoms and our way of life have infiltrated the refugee migrations.

A number of us on this board have been there to fight for them, if they can't even fight to maintain the state we created screw them. I don't need them and I don't want them and I don't want my money spent on them.

Edited by Mark S (11/23/15 04:44 PM)

#973458 - 11/23/15 04:47 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: Mark S]
VAis4GunLovers Offline
Marksman

If they aren't willing to fight and die for their own country why would I want to let them into mine.

Yeah, that's harsh. Guess what, life's tough and then you die. On top of that, we already know that the enemies of our religion, our freedoms and our way of life have infiltrated the refugee migrations.

A number of us on this board have been there to fight for them, if they can't even fight to maintain the state we created screw them. I don't need them and I don't want them and I don't want my money spent on them.

Why didn't the pilgrims fight the European tyrants and churches that persecuted them? Sounds like cowardice to me. Perhaps the Native Americans should have sent them away on their boats.

I wonder if you even know the reason why they don't fight? Have you ever considered that? The root causes?

I guarantee you that had the British colonies been ruled in the same manner that Syria and Iraq were both under Saddam, Assad and ISIL, the USA would not be in existence today.

#973677 - 11/24/15 08:04 AM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: VAis4GunLovers]
6.5x55 Offline
Nature points out the folly of men

Loc: Ashland
City or County: Hanover
giving someone a hug, and warm meal.

Really?
How about 3 hots and a cot? Next you will suggest singing kumbaya. What are they going to bring to the table here?

Muslims in the middle East don't even like each other. Relocating military aged men to some sandbox near their home makes sense; bringing them here does not. 🐲
Let them hunker down until things change politically in Syria, then send then packing from the host country.
If they don't have the backbone to stand and change their home country they are sure to be a drag on the welfare system in the U.S.

#973725 - 11/24/15 10:22 AM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: VAis4GunLovers]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Originally Posted By: VAis4GunLovers

Why didn't the pilgrims fight the European tyrants and churches that persecuted them? Sounds like cowardice to me. Perhaps the Native Americans should have sent them away on their boats.

I wonder if you even know the reason why they don't fight? Have you ever considered that? The root causes?

I guarantee you that had the British colonies been ruled in the same manner that Syria and Iraq were both under Saddam, Assad and ISIL, the USA would not be in existence today.

Root causes? No enlighten me, is it global warming, lack of job opportunities, or western imperialism/colonialism?

Yeah, the Brits were pretty much gentlemen soldiers here in the US...except that they weren't. Maybe you've heard of the Alien and Sedition Acts, the dragoons, 'Bloody Ban' Tarleton, Butler and the attack on Cherry Valley, prison ships, etc...

Hey, the Native Americans are a GREAT example. They were invaded by religious outcasts who then TOOK THEIR COUNTRY. Great parallel, let's not let that happen again.

#973793 - 11/24/15 01:37 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: Mark S]
Bob138 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Ruckersville, VA
City or County: Ruckersville

What is "our religion", because based on your statements, it's obviously not Christianity.

#973849 - 11/24/15 04:13 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: Bob138]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Originally Posted By: Bob138

What is "our religion", because based on your statements, it's obviously not Christianity.

Ahh, and there you have it. Our religion is any religion but there's (we're talking about Muslims and the infiltration by Salifist followers).

For the forces of Radical Islam, Jihad must be waged to convert, subjugate or kill - it is not an option, it is a duty. Not an option, a duty - and to die in doing so is not only the ultimate sacrifice, but also the ultimate glory. The problem is that Radical Islam isn't different from nonradical teachings as it comes from the same foundation and all of the followers believe in the final outcome.

For the Sufi Jihad is often claimed to be an inner struggle, but the reality is that they still follow the same beliefs that the world must eventually submit to Islam. The Salafist on the other hand believes that Jihad is total warfare by any means.

It might surprise you to find out that even in the US the majority of Muslims believe that Sharia Law supersedes US law
Some sources:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/51-of-...lam-than-to-u-s
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/...-shariah-jihad/

Furthermore, if you go to places where fundamentalist Muslims rule are you will find that the VAST majority have driven the rest of the population to fundamentalist views. In many countries including US allies like Pakistan, Christians, Hundus and Buddhists as well as atheists have to pay the Jizya - the tax on non-believers.

Muslims in the UK now have over 100 municipalities that recognize Sharia law and even in the US some have petitioned the US courts to do so. We actually have our first municipality in the US that is majority Muslim In the first majority-Muslim U.S. city, residents tense about its future https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...eee_story.html. So for you legal scholars, at what point does the majority rule in a democracy?

Basically, the Kuran and Sunnah are incompatible with western democracy as we know it. Jihad will be practiced as Sufi (inner struggle) only until it transitions to Salafist 'war' when the power is available to do so.

It has been this way for 1400 years, and unless and until you can show me a period of enlightened transition my comments stand - because our religion at this point is any religion that is not their religion.

Edited by Mark S (11/24/15 04:38 PM)

#973852 - 11/24/15 04:32 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 6.5x55]
VAis4GunLovers Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: 6.5x55
giving someone a hug, and warm meal.

Really?
How about 3 hots and a cot? Next you will suggest singing kumbaya. What are they going to bring to the table here?

Muslims in the middle East don't even like each other. Relocating military aged men to some sandbox near their home makes sense; bringing them here does not. 🐲
Let them hunker down until things change politically in Syria, then send then packing from the host country.
If they don't have the backbone to stand and change their home country they are sure to be a drag on the welfare system in the U.S.

Stand and change their home country to what exactly, 6.5?

Have you ever lived in Syria? I have, and I saw how the government suppresses free thought.
- Schools and universities teach only what the government tells them to.
- Churches and mosques preach only what the government wants them to.
- Their internet is monitored and sites are restricted.
- Secret police follow people around, search their apartments when they are not there.
- They'll black bag a person and torture them to get information.
- They maintain an army of informants and spies.
- The people are fearful.

If the US Founding Fathers were subjected to similar conditions growing up, there would not have been a revolution simply because there would not have been free thought that led the way to it.

So what will they be fighting for? Syria? A nation state that was created by the colonial powers after WW1? One that separated families?

There's nothing for people there to fight for. If they're fighting for the rebels then they are fighting just to remove an oppressive government and will probably either replace it with a similarly oppressive secular government or for a theocratic regime.

So at the moment, we call them terrorists for fighting against Assad. When they refuse to fight against him and try and leave we call them terrorists or cowards.

Make you mind up. You sound very entitled.

#973969 - 11/24/15 10:09 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Just to reinforce my previous point that: "For the Sufi Jihad is often claimed to be an inner struggle, but the reality is that they still follow the same beliefs that the world must eventually submit to Islam. The Salafist on the other hand believes that Jihad is total warfare by any means."

All leave this little piece of attribution right here for you to consider:
Shock Poll: 81% of Al Jazeera Arabic Poll Repnsdents Support Islamic State

Truth be told, I'm not really shocked...

#973988 - 11/24/15 10:47 PM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
SIW Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia, Alexandria
City or County: Alexandria

Muslims in the UK now have over 100 municipalities that recognize Sharia law and even in the US some have petitioned the US courts to do so. We actually have our first municipality in the US that is majority Muslim In the first majority-Muslim U.S. city, residents tense about its future https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...eee_story.html. So for you legal scholars, at what point does the majority rule in a democracy?

to your question about a democracy, technically in a democracy the majority ALWAYS rules, which is why the United States is not a democracy, it is a democratic republic. Democracy is literally mob rule where the majority makes the decisions, in our system it is elected representatives that make decisions for good and bad.

On the other issues, while I am not a fan of bringing in refugees I will not lump them all in and say they are all an issue, but since there have been issues already (including it is suspected that at least one of the paris attackers traveled claiming to be a refugee) I do not like the idea of bringing them here not because of the peaceful ones, but because of the wolf that may be hiding among the sheep. I read a post on facebook that to me sums it up: If I hand you 10 grapes and tell you 2 of them are poison and will kill you, are you going to eat any of them?

Edited by SIW (11/24/15 10:47 PM)

#974084 - 11/25/15 09:06 AM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

I have no question about democracy, I was using it in the general descriptive sense in that you can't have freedom of speech or worship if you follow the tenets of Islam. I know that we are representative republic with special protections for minorities both legal and electoral.

#974133 - 11/25/15 11:39 AM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
Shotz Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Strasburg, Virginia
City or County: Manassas
... Just so we're clear ... you know that the refugee process is like, the MOST secure way to enter the country, yes?

Takes on average 18 - 24 months...

Potential refugees are vetting by the UNHCR, then that list is sent to our State / Homeland groups for further vetting and paring down..

Seriously, if I were a terrorist or wished to find a way into the US to execute a plan of ill intent; filing for refugee status would be the absolute LAST way I'd try to come into the country..

And to be fair ... let's look at terrorists in the United States over the last 20 years .. the demographic tends to be .. wait for it ... white males who identify as Christian.

And since it's the crux of the issue - yes, my family absolutely would host refugees in our home.

Looking for: Ruger Charger, H&K P7 variants, Winchester 101 or similar, Sig P210. Mags for Savage MkII. AICS pattern mags for Rem700SA.

#974139 - 11/25/15 11:53 AM Re: Syrian Refugees Coming to Richmond? [Re: 218albemarle]
Shotz Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Strasburg, Virginia
City or County: Manassas
And since immigration is a federal issue, can this "coalition of governors" really restrict the interstate movement of refugees that have been lawfully admitted this country?

.. hint, the answer is the same as it would be if New Jersey wanted to all the sudden say "no one from New York can come here anymore."

So why would they say that? Surely, they MUST have had lawyers and counsel to advise them, right? Yep .. they did. They know it's frivolous, but this is how you get VOTES!

Looking for: Ruger Charger, H&K P7 variants, Winchester 101 or similar, Sig P210. Mags for Savage MkII. AICS pattern mags for Rem700SA.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >