Who's Online
9 registered (Kendo, varichwilson, Eric Pugh, Dzilkhaenatani, Spencenasty, Slowhand, Cajuntec, 28PercentAPRMustang, dcarms), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#972693 - 11/21/15 06:01 PM Nation's Gun Show Dulles Expo
Bimbleshag Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Fairfax, Virginia
City or County: Fairfax
Very large crowd today despite the good weather which usually keeps folks doing other things. Friday was reportedly very good, too. Vendors were pleased. The new section of the expo center was open for the first gun show so capacity increased by maybe 25%. Now there were two main doors for ticket sales and entry. Show organizers were very happy to accommodate many on the infamous wait list. Best of the 2015 shows I have seen there.

#972740 - 11/21/15 09:05 PM Re: Nation's Gun Show Dulles Expo [Re: Bimbleshag]
A Virginian Offline
Still shooting after all these years.

Loc: Loudoun County
City or County: Loudoun
Sadly though one of the sellers of reloading equipment was told he couldn't sell powder. I heard two reasons.
1. the fire marshal wouldn't allow more than 300 lbs of powder in the building.
2. another reloading vendor complained that his prices were too low and unfair.

#977992 - 12/05/15 06:25 AM Re: Nation's Gun Show Dulles Expo [Re: Bimbleshag]
jpa Offline
Stercus Accidit

Loc: VA
City or County: Hanover
roflmao @ #2

#988232 - 12/30/15 03:35 PM Re: Nation's Gun Show Dulles Expo [Re: Bimbleshag]
et63 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: Fairfax county
City or County: Reston
Another one this weekend, it ought to be entertaining to say the least... Probably signs on tables saying wait till after the new year the E.O's will be coming.To justify some of the wacked out prices. See ya there,at least the guys i know. LOL

#989180 - 01/02/16 05:41 AM Re: Nation's Gun Show Dulles Expo [Re: et63]
chmodx Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: RVA Area
Originally Posted By: et63
Another one this weekend, it ought to be entertaining to say the least... Probably signs on tables saying wait till after the new year the E.O's will be coming.To justify some of the wacked out prices. See ya there,at least the guys i know. LOL

This. I won't forget the gouging that still goes on by re-selling Walmart ammo, or other nonsense by the vendors. Prices on everything ate terrible at the show even though the panic has been over.

The vendors aren't our friends. I don't do business at the show either after they increased their prices to get in, $13 seriously?

And all of the prices inside suck.

Edited by chmodx (01/02/16 05:42 AM)

#989202 - 01/02/16 08:29 AM Re: Nation's Gun Show Dulles Expo [Re: Bimbleshag]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
I had a great time at the show yesterday. Lots of people, I think the additional space is great, I wish the organizers would put all the ash and trash in that space or make it Pistols or Accessories, or the "Ammo and Reloading section" Its such a Kluster in there.

There was LOTs of reasonably priced ammo. AND the usual gouger POSs selling their overpriced 22lr ammo. There were some decent deals on items. AR parts and such were in good supply at reasonable prices...

I bought a 3 day ticket because I need to return on Sunday with a friend.
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#989259 - 01/02/16 10:52 AM Re: Nation's Gun Show Dulles Expo [Re: Sfach]
Bimbleshag Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Fairfax, Virginia
City or County: Fairfax
Originally Posted By: Sfach
I had a great time at the show yesterday. Lots of people, I think the additional space is great, I wish the organizers would put all the ash and trash in that space or make it Pistols or Accessories, or the "Ammo and Reloading section" Its such a Kluster in there.

There was LOTs of reasonably priced ammo. AND the usual gouger POSs selling their overpriced 22lr ammo. There were some decent deals on items. AR parts and such were in good supply at reasonable prices...

I bought a 3 day ticket because I need to return on Sunday with a friend.

Like that "ash & trash" idea room a lot, also the other versions suggested. We could have a naming contest: the swamp, the non-ammo dump, siberia, ladies lounge (bullseye just appeared on my chest,) or put some carpet down and call it the gouger's experience?

#989262 - 01/02/16 10:55 AM Re: Nation's Gun Show Dulles Expo [Re: Bimbleshag]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
Cool, I really like the AMMO Dump! Put all of the Ammo Guys in there. Let them price fight without having to send out runners..
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT