Who's Online
2 registered (RedBeardOutlaw, 1 invisible), 8 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#954689 - 10/04/15 06:02 PM 6.5 Grendel help
Skate_VA Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Chesterfield
I have a 6.5 Grendel upper and am trying to use Hornady dies to reload. Greater than 60% will not chamber after full length resizing. A another member gave me about 60 rounds of reloaded ammo that worked fine but I don't remember his name. Anyone out there have a set of dies from a different manufacturer that could resize some brass for me?

#968700 - 11/10/15 11:49 PM Re: 6.5 Grendel help [Re: Skate_VA]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Did your upper came with a matching bolt? There are at least 2 chamber types that I'm aware of possibly 3 or 4.

The case holder manufacturer should also match the die set.

Caveat I'm relatively new to this caliber and only reloaded 1 time and this is information I've read about.

#974668 - 11/27/15 06:51 AM Re: 6.5 Grendel help [Re: Skate_VA]
J D Shelby Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Portsmouth
Originally Posted By: Skate_VA
I have a 6.5 Grendel upper and am trying to use Hornady dies to reload. Greater than 60% will not chamber after full length resizing. A another member gave me about 60 rounds of reloaded ammo that worked fine but I don't remember his name. Anyone out there have a set of dies from a different manufacturer that could resize some brass for me?

I am using Hornady dies with great results, I bottom the die out on the shell holder. My upper has a Blackhole Weaponry barrel with a type 2 bolt. I went ahead and bought a case gauge also If it fits my case gauge it fits my chamber.

Are you using 7.62X39 brass or Grendel brass the thickness of the case does matter.