Who's Online
12 registered (Dasu, Colin3859272619406, PMOORE, Craaber, SlickStang, Riverroad, tommyhof, 5 invisible), 8 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#987070 - 12/27/15 08:23 PM DieselRock
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Have never left a negative feedback before and wasn't planing to this time. However, after his latest feedback on another member, which may or may not be justified, and his carrying it into the SB disparaging the other member, I am compelled to leave this one. Note, while not a firearm, the truck was listed on this site and our correspondence occurred here.

The ad (minus pics):

"2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Super Cab for sale or partial trade
Sale Price: 3500 or partial trades

Mileage: 178K rougly (I guess 235,000 miles is "roughly" close to 178K)

Body Condition: Some dents and dings but no major issues, never has been in a collision. (other than the tailgate being toast)

Condsidered fair to good by Kelley Blue Book. Has upgraded stereo runs awesome, no major issues, recently replaced rear end by Cottman Transmission has a warranty of 3 years 75K (roughly 72K left on it) for rear end. Blue BOok value is 5800. Needing to sell it before my move to Oklahoma so I dont have to contend with getting it back to OK with me. (Would be consider poor condition at best. Says it has warranty, but did not have paperwork and after 2 weeks and repeated promises, I still don't have it. Blue book value is nowhere near 5800 given the mileage and problems with it.)

Title is clear and on hand. (True)

Its a great work truck, everything works. Has a replacement rear end, with about 73K miles of warranty left, no issues except the lock on the driver side doesnt unlock with the key, but it does unlock with the remote. (Everything works? None of the electric windows controls work - except from the drivers master control. Drivers side passenger door lock does not work with remote.)

Runs perfect, has plenty of power and is a great truck, a few dings and dents but no wrecks, or problems in general. Blue books at 5200 in current condition. (Runs great? Said it had a little smoke in the morning - condensation in muffler. Wrong - blown head gasket. And what's with the 5200, thought it was 5800?)

Priced to sell, $3500 for a good work truck, about 1700 cheaper than the blue book! (Sure - if you inflate the blue book value.)

It also has a tool box and a double din touch screen stereo, all power windows work, A/C is cold during the summer and warm during the winter. (Said he had keys for the tool box - still waiting. A/C is cold and hot - however distribution box is toast - nothing that a $70 part and 8 hrs labor won't fix. Has nice radio - that won't pick up stations more than 10 miles away. And as previously stated - yes the power windows work ... from the drivers seat only.)

Great truck for the money! It is the double cab, SLT version, cruise works, power steering works and is a fun truck to drive.
Standard Dodge wear on driver side seat (hole) but nothing unsightly. (LOL .. "Dodge wear on seat" ... 8" slit with 4" of foam missing and metal frame exposed - a small child would fall through this hole.)

Clear title, current inspection and will pass next inspection, tires are in good shape and tread is within compliance." (Had current "Safety Inspection" Will not pass emissions inspection - blown head gasket.)

Additional facts:

Asked about the engine size:
Was told 5.4L V8 Magnum - later said it was a HEMI
Wrong - Dodge does not make a 5.4. Engine is 4.7L and not a HEMI.
He did finally give me the correct data in PM.

Asked about tire size:
Was told 15"
Wrong - 17"

And yes, I did get him to reduce the price as a result of the visible problems. Did not know about the blown head gasket at that time.

It will be a good truck after I replace the motor and spend a lot of man hours on it and $2K to 2.5K in parts to fix the issues.

As I said, I was not going to post this feedback. I'm a big boy and should have been more careful in my due diligence. I can live with my decision. But, it bothers me when someone sets higher standards for others than he does for himself and attempts to denigrate someone else for actions similar to their own, not only in the FB forum but also carrying it into the SB. A quote comes to mind, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#987080 - 12/27/15 08:43 PM Re: DieselRock [Re: BobVA]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
PM sent to ] DieselRock for reply. Others not involved in this transaction are not to respond here.

#987088 - 12/27/15 08:50 PM Re: DieselRock [Re: BobVA]
DieselRock Offline
Is Mildly Proficient At Karate

Loc: Chesterfield
City or County: RVA area
Ohh wow, Okay, well, this is the first I have heard of this , Bob, even after discussing with you on the phone. In regards to your statement on me coming getting your stuff back to you, I told you when i got back which i did, from my trip, i would take care of that. With that said, you grudge me for something, that I thought we corrected on cutting the price back? When you didnt give me the after thought to further discuss your other findings, that I did not know about? This seems pretty petty, given the fact that it seems like it is a grudge or a point to be made. Ill take the lick, since you are a moderator, so I dont have a whole lot of leg to stand on. Next time, however, Bob, take the time to pick up the phone and call, seriously. I would have done whatever i needed to to make it right with you, but the last i heard, was everything was okay with it.

My bad.

#987089 - 12/27/15 08:51 PM Re: DieselRock [Re: BobVA]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
Both sides have responded, thread locked.