Who's Online
18 registered (MrGump, Stikycrazy000, Trainman37, nickjlvirginia, GeeQ, roxie, 86irocz, jmcdonaldva1, RedBeardOutlaw, Parsons, blue1, Banegun, Boomer0828, CowboyECHO, Branmuffin, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1354479 - 05/18/18 11:36 PM REGION SEARCH?
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
I quite often use the advanced search on GUNBROKER to search only "Virginia".

Is there a way to accomplish the same thing on VGT to search by region, i.e. "SW VA", "NOVA", "Central VA" or "SE VA"?

If its not available, could it be added to the advanced search function?

#1354846 - 05/19/18 08:56 PM Re: REGION SEARCH? [Re: bustedknee]
Banana Offline
Whatever

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Hampton
This may or may not help but I have clicked on the region/city that's shown in front of a listing title in the for sale forums and you will get a listing of all in that city or region.

Thing is ya gotta find an add in the city/region you want first.

Never tried it the advanced search function.

#1355231 - 05/20/18 08:08 PM Re: REGION SEARCH? [Re: Banana]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Thanks.
I just learned something...and that works great for the city. But I was hoping more for "driving distance" from me.

Edited by bustedknee (05/20/18 08:08 PM)

#1356795 - 05/24/18 11:54 PM Re: REGION SEARCH? [Re: bustedknee]
Banana Offline
Whatever

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Hampton
Once again, this may or may not help. I copied your location, Southwest Va, and pasted it in the key word search term box. Chose the forum to search, in this case, all for sale. Chose search "in subject and body". I chose the date range to search for 1 month. I came up with 100 listings.
However, I didn't look to see if any of the listings were near "Southwest VA". I was just messin' around to see what would come up.

Edited by Banana (05/25/18 12:03 AM)

#1357771 - 05/27/18 07:55 PM Re: REGION SEARCH? [Re: Banana]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Thanks.
I tried it and got listings statewide. VA?

So I put quotes around "Southwest Va" and got nothing.

I'm still looking and hoping....