Who's Online
7 registered (Kendo, OldRookie, vanavyman, Jmack323, Nedpepper1, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1490419 - 05/09/19 08:07 AM My Range in Far Southwest Virginia.....
Magnum_Force Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Marion
I bought a piece of property near Marion, Virginia about five years ago. 39 acres with a 5 acre pasture, five acres of farmed White Pine, the rest had been logged. Property rises 700' in elevation from the roadway to the top of a mountain, bordered by National Forest Property.

I got a guy to clear about six acres halfway up the hill where it levels off, he used a skid steer loader with an industrial bush hog to clear away the scrub that had grown since it had been logged. There I put in a small barn type cabin and a shooting range. I have a 100 yard shot from the back door of the cabin, 160 yard shot is available.

I am moving into this property permanently next month.....

Here's some pics, taken during a light freezing rain event this Winter:

From the back door of the cabin, my 100 yard shot:

Steel targets at the end of the range, terrain rises steeply behind this point to make a back stop:

Range cabin with wood stove, picture taken from the end of the range looking down the hill:

There's game on the property too. game camera at the cabin caught this Black Bear:

Can't wait to be out there full time.....

#1490441 - 05/09/19 08:52 AM Re: My Range in Far Southwest Virginia..... [Re: Magnum_Force]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
VERY NICE... Glad for you.

That is a pretty part of Virginia... I used to live in Giles... still hunt in Floyd.

We are doing the same thing in WV...

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1490447 - 05/09/19 09:14 AM Re: My Range in Far Southwest Virginia..... [Re: Magnum_Force]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
BTW... welcome to the site.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1490483 - 05/09/19 10:47 AM Re: My Range in Far Southwest Virginia..... [Re: Magnum_Force]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
Thanks for sharing the pics - very cool.

#1490484 - 05/09/19 10:52 AM Re: My Range in Far Southwest Virginia..... [Re: Magnum_Force]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
Nice! I love the pictures taken during the winter time with frost/ice on the trees! Congrats, but just make sure to secure your stuff because we know that lowlifes are allowed to break in and violate others property.

Charles.

#1491303 - 05/11/19 04:46 PM Re: My Range in Far Southwest Virginia..... [Re: Magnum_Force]
hiwaytahell Offline
Addicted

Loc: SW VA
City or County: Abingdon
Very nice. Enjoy. Good to have a member down this way. Welcome to the site.

#1491314 - 05/11/19 05:00 PM Re: My Range in Far Southwest Virginia..... [Re: Magnum_Force]
MaCWG Offline
Marksman

Loc: VIRGINIA
City or County: Midlothian
Beautiful! What a great place to relax! Enjoy it!