pictures from Lobby Day

Posted by: VaGunTrader

pictures from Lobby Day - 01/18/16 03:06 PM

THANK YOU ALL THAT ATTENDED
I have to say that there was a good turnout today compared to the last two years. I'm guessing the actions of our Governor and Attorney General have lit a fire under many people.
Here are a few pictures of the outdoor rally between 11am-noon.
If you have any pics please post them.

Speaking at the pro-gun rally was Shaneen Allen, a single mother from Philadelphia who spent 40 days in jail after being pulled over in New Jersey in 2013 and charged with a felony for having a gun she was permitted to carry in her home state.

VCDL President Philip Van Cleave

Re: pictures from Lobby Day - 01/18/16 05:31 PM

CONGRESSMAN DAVE BRAT on the podium

DAVE BRAT in the crowd talking with LOBBY DAY attendees
Posted by: Dadcpu

Re: pictures from Lobby Day - 01/18/16 06:58 PM

I'm curious how many VGT folks made it, saw a few but......
Thought about it later and if we could get JUST the number that turn out for a Tannerite BBQ we would be a large group.

Maybe next year have a clipboard with sign in sheet (screen name) to see how many actually do come out of 40K.

Re: pictures from Lobby Day - 01/18/16 07:27 PM

we need our own stickers like the VCDL has for our members
Posted by: Sfach

Re: pictures from Lobby Day - 01/18/16 07:32 PM

Thats an outstanding idea. VaGunTrader Brian!
It would be great to have a Sticker that has space enough to "Sharpie" our VAGT names on..In fact we could wear these at Gunshows too...so you can tell who the VAGT brothers might be.
Posted by: clrobins6r

Re: pictures from Lobby Day - 01/18/16 08:01 PM

I know a couple of the Capitol Police officers and was near the Capitol later in the day for a meeting when the gun control rally was happening. Looking at the crowd, it appeared to be about the same size as our group, but the officers said there were definitely more gun rights than gun control.
Posted by: AR15

Re: pictures from Lobby Day - 01/18/16 09:16 PM

Hey everyone just wanted to stop by and say that today was my first lobby day and it seemed to be a great success for our cause. Dave brat said it today that the people are sick of the government overreach and its time to take a stand which is what we show them today. Like i said today was my first and defiantly wont be my last it was a great learning experience and open my eyes up to power and strength in numbers
Posted by: snavematt

Re: pictures from Lobby Day - 01/19/16 06:20 AM

TroutNut, Ricardo, Ford, Sfach's kids doing their duty
Posted by: The Corps

Re: pictures from Lobby Day - 01/21/16 10:39 AM

Good thing I wasn't there for the pic, most of David's kids are taller than me lol.