Who's Online
8 registered (Southern_Geezer, Craaber, golfdog, cvo springer, Edmund, Rogpog, straha95, 1 invisible), 7 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1036871 - 05/01/16 04:55 PM varietyshack
SteveO Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Yorktown, VA.
City or County: YORKTOWN
I was not going to leave negative feedback but after realizing how this is the place to warn others and feel the need to share my first bad sale issue on VGT.
This guy has a split personality and has been trying to get me to trade for the 1894 for months as he had no $$$. I would not recommend buying or selling with this guy.
Read below to decide for yourslf as this is a cut & paste unedited from PM

No need to reply to this email.
Hi ,

Contents of your private topic follow:

04/09/16 | 09:48 PM varietyshack: winchester 1894
Hi. I bought the Winchester 1894 in 32-40 from you. I actually dealt with your wife. I finally got ammo for the thing and went to shoot it today for the first time since buying it from you. The trigger is completely broken. No spring whatsoever. I'm wondering if you ever had a chance to shoot it before selling it? I'm guessing not as your wife said it was part of her fathers estate. I'm pretty heated that I spent ALOT of money on a very broken gun, but I'm guessing you didn't know? Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt....it's hard though right now. Need to hear from you. Thank you
Aaron

04/10/16 | 01:22 PM SteveO: winchester 1894
Aaron,
I personally have shot that gun 9 times at Lafayette Gun Club last year and this year with 2 other members included in the shooting
That is why I said it was a good shooter
It is most likely the original spring, hope you have not been dry firing it......
Call me if you like, I have the box of 20 shells, (8)fired,(14)ready....I didn't throw them in the truck that day as you said you we not going to buy it
757-xxx-xxxx I have NOTHING to hide or you would NOT have met Norma at her buisness
I would not have sold it at $850, but it was not my gun and that was her decision
Steve

04/10/16 | 11:09 PM varietyshack: winchester 1894
I believe you. Just not sure how to make it right. No sir, I have not dry fired her once nor would I with any 1887, 1892 or 1894 rifles. :

04/12/16 | 08:08 PM SteveO: winchester 1894
I have original Colt & Manhattan pistols that have had springs break……Harpers Ferry
muskets too……metallurgy was poor at best back then compared to today’s standards

I shoot all mine so, they will break. They never have any tell-tale signs, works one shot, the next its broken!

I just had a hammer break in ½ on my 1859 Manhattan, trigger was stuck in one position…… jammed! ………..$15 at Dixie gun works not original, but will be functional & I will keep the other as it is matching numbers

I understand you just paid $$$ for the rifle

You could take it to Bob’s in Norfolk and see what they say

Numrich gun Parts Corporation, Dixie gun works sell parts also

Here is the disassembly & parts break down for the 1894

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Webcontent/pdf/external/R20011_EXPLODED_VIEW.pdf

1894 exploded view

04/16/16 | 02:15 PM varietyshack: winchester 1894
Honestly, I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to hear about other guns you have breaking or where I can go spend my daughters college fund on repairing a falsely advertised broken gun you and your wife sold me. You sold me a historical boat anchor. And I'm not sure if it's supposed to make me feel better telling me you wouldn't have sold it for 850. You be lucky to get 500 bucks for that thing with the work it needs. I want my money back and I want it now. Plain and simple. No more excuses

04/25/16 | 09:58 PM SteveO: winchester 1894
Aaron,

WOW……………

Well, your pm is nothing but rude and false as I SOLD YOU A WORKING GUN as described

You were only there to buy the Savage 99E, BUT as we discussed over the phone I sent this with Norma as well for you to look at as you said you realy wanted the Win 1894

You are wound a little too tight on this issue

You wait over a month to tell me the trigger no longer works…………who knows what you have done with this rifle

As I already PM’d you and told you on the phone before you looked at it in person, I have shot it 9 times at Lafayette Gun Club as well as my fellow RSOs, do I need to get signed statements to that effect. Many a person has looked at it close.

I discussed this issues at the range last Saturday with all that shot it and looked at.

Then as you look at it to buy from Norma on 3/7/16 around noon time, you find another stock imperfection and want to pay $800 vs $950 which you stated was already a fair price if the rifle is as advertised. You already knew it had reblued steel, refinished stock and a crack in the stock

So she agrees to let it go for $850, so are you saying you NEVER even looked at the trigger……………you can sure tell if there was an issues then and could have walked away.............you did not

Then you never outright ask for a refund, you ask what to do. I spend time to send you info and links on the gun on how to fix or get estimates on repair and share my past experience with old weapons and how they fail………you now don’t care about that, ramble on about some college fund……….

And now you DEMAND your money back......

Norma and I have discussed this a bit since you have taken a very unprofessional attitude and was not even courteous enough to even called me which I gave you my phone number again the first time you pm’d me that the gun was broke

Since it was working when you bought it, knowing now I have to put atleast spring kit in it and the labor to do it...... She is willing to take the rifle back and give you $750 back if only the trigger issue you describe

I woud not guarantee your money back until I look at the rifle closley anyway to assure it was in the same condition when I sold it too you.......it did not have any mechanically issues

With the gravest sincerity

Steve

04/27/16 | 08:31 PM varietyshack: winchester 1894
What a ludicrous message. I can't believe I just wasted two minutes of my life reading it. You say two very important false things. And it won't take a novel of a message to decipher. You say you say you sold me a working gun....you did not. You sold me a rifle with a very broken trigger.
Secondly, you seem to think that because you're wife negotiated down with me from $1000 to 850 that this somehow means I knew it had a trigger issue? How in the world does one have anything to do with the other? I negotiated the price down because $1000 for that gun in that sad condition was insanity and I think you knew that as it had not sold in many months listed. Still ....this does not explain the complete lack of disclosure about the issues it had and has. To make matters worse you recommend that I take the gun to Bobs to get repair work on my dime! I'm not kidding. I've had it. This is your last chance to make right on this. I'm leaving you a negative feedback on here and taking you to small claims court in Newport News unless you give me a full refund. And this time I'm not driving all the way to you to make it happen. You have one day and then I'm heading to civil court.

#1036926 - 05/01/16 06:43 PM Re: varietyshack [Re: SteveO]
SteveO Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Yorktown, VA.
City or County: YORKTOWN
And my last reply:
Be forewarned, if you do that I will counter sue with witnesses that have shot the rifle
So, you do what you have to do and I will respond in kind

#1036944 - 05/01/16 07:11 PM Re: varietyshack [Re: SteveO]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to varietyshack inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1037000 - 05/01/16 08:40 PM Re: varietyshack [Re: BobVA]
varietyshack Offline
pistolero

Loc: Norfolk, VA, USA
City or County: Norfolk
I can't believe an interaction like this is even possible. I've been on here for four years and never had an interaction like this. This was a fairly simple transaction. I'm not going to bother adding the coms from this deal here because this member Steve o has already done so....EXCEPT FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! He edited all of what a said to him. Can happily post what actually happened if anyone would like to enjoy. This member sold me a very broken gun for a lot of money and then did anything but stand behind what he (or his wife in this case :(, sold to me. THE MOST SIGNIFICANT PART apart from his complete lack of integrity was my final reply to him today which...wouldn't you know he also conveniently left out of his edited and false banter above.
HERE it is... UNEDITED LIKE STEVEO's text above:

"Look you screwed me and weren't man enough to back up the value of a handshake...or at least shaking your wife's hand. I have three jobs and a two year old. I'm not going to waste my time and energy with this any more. I got hosed and I'll pay to have it fixed. Oh well. Perhaps that's what I get for trusting a deal where I never even met you, I mean come on man!? And despite your skepticism of my truth or integrity...I know I waited almost a month after buying it before find out about its problem. Ammo was expensive and hard to find and I couldn't shoot it at first. I wasn't lying to you. I never knew until I contacted you on here a week or two ago.

Anyhow this is me taking the ethical high road. It's over. Let's just not deal with one another again if that serves you okay.

Be forewarned this guy is not on the up and up and has his wife do deals for him to set another layer of separation to his dealings. Avoid at all costs

#1037011 - 05/01/16 09:32 PM Re: varietyshack [Re: SteveO]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded. Thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln