Who's Online
11 registered (InkedSquid2, Otislee, thatruhondaryda, enkrates9, hoyt em, LukefromTx, 5 invisible), 14 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1115302 - 11/09/16 02:42 PM Lax29
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
November 6th Lax29 sent me a PM offering to trade me his 2007 Sig 239 for my S&W M&P 9c package I had listed for sale. I agreed to go through with the trade. We agreed to meet the week of the 9th in the Manassas area. I marked my item "sold pending trade" I sent him a PM that Friday Night would work for the trade and he replied that "I sold the gun to someone else who had messaged me earlier" We had a deal set up, I marked my item sold, which he was fully aware of. I think he saw cash and decided to bail on our deal. I don't know if it was just a lapse in judgement on his behalf or how he normally operates. This is not how we operate on this board, and this was a first for me in over 65 great transactions. I just wanted to get this out there, as it seems this is a common trend with some of the newer members of this board. I am willing to post our entire dialog if need be.

#1115419 - 11/09/16 06:53 PM Re: Lax29 [Re: Execprotect]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
PM sent to Lax29 for comment. Others not involved in this transaction are not to respond.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#1115616 - 11/10/16 09:43 AM Re: Lax29 [Re: Execprotect]
Lax29 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: PW County
I have reread my posts numerous times and they will verify what I am writing. I ASKED Execprotect if he would be INTERESTED in a P239 trade. He answered affirmatively. I NEVER said it was a "done deal" as my experience, as well as other VAGT members, is to check out the item (firearm, ammo, optics, etc) to see if it is in acceptable condition and if a deal can be made/negotiated. Also, my package was worth well more than an even trade so there would have had to been further negotiation if a deal was to be made. I NEVER promised him it was fait accompli. As a matter of fact, I had a different transaction two days prior where the gun condition led to a trade modification that was mutually agreed upon and I received positive feedback.

Additionally, he posted, "That sounds good, ive always wanted a 239. Would you be willing to meet up sometime mid to late this week?" I replied that I'd be willing to. Following that response I received an offer from another VAGT member who reached out prior to receiving any replies from Execptotect. I had five offers to make a trade of which I reply to in order that they reachd out to me. One of them reached out prior to Execprotect's posting of time/place. The offer included meeting prior to receiving Execprotect's time/place post.

I replied to Execprotect's meeting post stating that I had already completed a transaction with another VAGT member who previously replied to my earlier WTT post. My post reply: "Unfortunately one of the first guys to reply made a great offer. Sorry. Thanks for your interest."

He followed with a threatening post stating that we had a deal and I'd better make good or he would post negative feedback. His post: "Sir, you came to me with the trade interest not me. I marked my item sold pending trade and we agreed to meet for the sale. Will you hold up your end of the deal? I don't want to have to write negative feedback on you but I will not hesitate if you don't follow through. Think about it and let me know." Again, I NEVER said we had a trade or a a "deal set up", merely agreed to meet. I was NOT aware that he marked his item sold and he never communicated that to me...check the posts. When he did not have a definitive time/place to meet and the other offer came in I went with the other offer. I did not want to be hung out to dry if Execprotect decided not to or could not meet. This has happened in the past.

What would have happened if we did meet and I did not agree to trade terms? Would I then receive a threatening post and negative feedback?

Execprotect also states (lies) above stating, "he saw cash and decided to bail our deal." He then states (lies) that I posted, " "I sold the gun to someone else who had messaged me earlie.r" A) please be accurate as my post states, "Unfortunately one of the first guys to reply made a great offer. Sorry. Thanks for your interest." B) He had no idea on details of my other transaction and there was NO cash involved. No lapse in judgement. And I operate on the up and up: check my feedback and you'll see all are positive. And I have been on VAGT much longer than he.

I'm afraid that Execprotect made several inaccurate assumptions and failed to communicate details or ask for more detail.

I'm not out to rip anybody off. I'm retired military and a LEO. I'm sorry that you feel this way.

#1115678 - 11/10/16 12:24 PM Re: Lax29 [Re: Execprotect]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
Both sides have comment, thread is locked

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller