Who's Online
13 registered (bcbigbuck, VA_SHAKA, rem7mm, Hiimjimmeh, larry1341, intmatter, panic788, Jktdrumr, 5 invisible), 14 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1304694 - 01/14/18 10:08 PM Banger
Sean M Offline
Former Action Guy

Loc: SW VA
City or County: Patrick/Henry
Member has a rifle listed for sale as of 9:41 PM last night (Jan 13, 2018). I sent a PM telling him I was very interested, have a VA CHL, willing to sign bill of sale, cash in hand, and what days I could meet, along with a proposed general location that was about 15 miles from his listed location. I also asked that he look at my feedback from previous transactions so he would know I was serious about this purchase.

I also asked for some better quality photos, as the ones in his listing are a bit fuzzy.

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1304193#Post1304193

This morning, instead of replying to my private message, he removed himself from the topic. Wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt, I sent another message this afternoon asking if he was still interested in selling his rifle. The message has been read, but still no response.

Strikes me as very odd that someone would list an item for sale, then go out of their way to not reply to someone who wants to buy their item; someone with cash money, in hand, ready to buy. If I had simply had no reply, it would be easy to understand that people are busy, and/or they haven't got around to checking their messages. But to read the offer to buy, then remove from the topic, read the next message, then fail to reply again is strange.

The rifle is still listed for sale if anyone is interested. Perhaps someone else will get the courtesy of a reply. And maybe even make a deal.

But it won’t be me. Suspect behavior is usually an indication of a suspect transaction.

This is the first time I’ve ever had to leave negative feedback, but the behavior is so strange that I feel it’s only right to let the reliable potential buyers/sellers on this board know to approach this one with caution.

#1304722 - 01/15/18 02:34 AM Re: Banger [Re: Sean M]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192

Pm sent to Banger encouraging a response. Members not involved in this are not allowed to respond.

Lj - Site Moderator

Originally Posted By: Sean M
Member has a rifle listed for sale as of 9:41 PM last night (Jan 13, 2018). I sent a PM telling him I was very interested, have a VA CHL, willing to sign bill of sale, cash in hand, and what days I could meet, along with a proposed general location that was about 15 miles from his listed location. I also asked that he look at my feedback from previous transactions so he would know I was serious about this purchase.

I also asked for some better quality photos, as the ones in his listing are a bit fuzzy.

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1304193#Post1304193

This morning, instead of replying to my private message, he removed himself from the topic. Wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt, I sent another message this afternoon asking if he was still interested in selling his rifle. The message has been read, but still no response.

Strikes me as very odd that someone would list an item for sale, then go out of their way to not reply to someone who wants to buy their item; someone with cash money, in hand, ready to buy. If I had simply had no reply, it would be easy to understand that people are busy, and/or they haven't got around to checking their messages. But to read the offer to buy, then remove from the topic, read the next message, then fail to reply again is strange.

The rifle is still listed for sale if anyone is interested. Perhaps someone else will get the courtesy of a reply. And maybe even make a deal.

But it won’t be me. Suspect behavior is usually an indication of a suspect transaction.

This is the first time I’ve ever had to leave negative feedback, but the behavior is so strange that I feel it’s only right to let the reliable potential buyers/sellers on this board know to approach this one with caution.

#1304956 - 01/15/18 02:08 PM Re: Banger [Re: Sean M]
Sean M Offline
Former Action Guy

Loc: SW VA
City or County: Patrick/Henry
Member Banger sent a response via PM. He says both of my previous PM's were inadvertently deleted.

If that's the case, then that's the case, and my posting negative feedback was unnecessary, and I'll make my apology public, here where everyone can see it.

I'm sorry for posting in this section. I'd have much rather handled it in PMs.