Who's Online
18 registered (VA2A33, kg23, htc0, mkeshields, dwalters18, GeeQ, turbofox54, cmurff, Halloren247, quietman, Trx450rmam, RobertRogers, Kip30, oscar1, Gunnar_Thompson, 3 invisible), 7 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#727977 - 05/19/14 03:55 PM Tacticalsasquach
trbush72 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Woodbridge
This guy agreed to buy my G19 but when asked for VA CCW said he only had a Utah CCW but was a resident of VA. After asking some follow up questions regarding his residency I was sent this

"Hey guy I'm not a felon. I have class 3 suppressors with the stamps to prove it. I am going to get a VA CCW but I haven't had a chance to get to the courthouse."

All I asked was if he was military or LE and why he was running with a UT permit and not VA if he was a resident.

I then get a snarky text telling me that my gun was way overpriced for what any FFL would sell or some BS.

Maybe he's a good guy but I don't like to deal with folks who act like that when I am trying to cover myself legally. I am not going to hand a pistol to just anyone.

#728001 - 05/19/14 04:27 PM Re: Tacticalsasquach [Re: trbush72]
TacticalSasquach Offline
TacSac

Loc: King George
City or County: Alexandria
I became a va resident in Nov 2013. I'm not Le and not military. But when a seller asks for more documentation than my ffl asks for there is a problem, I'm a collector and avid shooter and obtained my Utah permit before moving to va. I have yet to get my va permit, but have no problems with other members or local FFLs. Seller may want to take his piece to a dealer and leave a FTF transaction to those who know the law and how a transaction is handled correctly.

I consider this seller to be hostile and told him I will not purchase his item I will look elsewhere.

#728011 - 05/19/14 05:06 PM Re: Tacticalsasquach [Re: trbush72]
Stang0920 Offline
Mod Squad

Loc: Virginia Beach.
City or County: Virginia Beach
Topic locked both parties have responded.