VA Gun Trader thanks you!
Your donations help keep the website free and also allows for improvements.

Click the PayPal button or IM me for further info and thank you!

Whenever you use this search button to buy on Amazon, you are supporting VGT at no extra cost to you.

Anything you purchase is helping to pay for Hosting and Bandwidth.

Click image(s), below to buy on Amazon

VGT Advertisers ( Sign Up With Us )
Topic Options
#1068990 - 07/18/16 12:02 AM Looking for an opportunity to share a private shooting location - 200yds
Yimmy Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Central Virginia
City or County: Ashland
My first posting as a moocher. I'm a 60 year old responsible gun owner. I love rifles. Spent my childhood running the woods with a 22 rifle and a fishing pole. Grew up to enjoy long range wood chuck hunting. 200 yards was the min my dad and I would do. Its been 25 years since I last enjoyed that freedom.

I moved to Richmond in 2000 and have had 3 chances to shoot at crowded public ranges. cry I have several rifles that have not been fully sighted in. Hard to do when you are in a hurry. Have a cherry Mosin-Nagant hex that has not been shot. cry

Looking for an opportunity to share a private location. Please help.

Thanks,
God fearin Cristian, US Army Vet, Conservative, NRA card holdin, Son of a *! rawk

Edited by Yimmy (07/22/16 12:41 AM)

#1071191 - 07/23/16 11:14 PM Re: Looking for an opportunity to share a private shooting location - 200yds [Re: Yimmy]
Va Hunter Offline
Addicted

Loc: Drakes Branch
City or County: Charlotte
I have a 100 yard range, can't help you with the 200 yard.

#1071563 - 07/24/16 11:16 PM Re: Looking for an opportunity to share a private shooting location - 200yds [Re: Va Hunter]
Yimmy Offline
Pea shooter

A hundred will help! What would the stipulations be? I'm sure you would want to meet first. I'm usually by myself. My wife may tag along once in a while. I can help maintain the area or compensate you however. My only motivation is to be able to shoot alone when I have free time - mostly Monday mornings and some Sundays. I'm not a thrill seeker. I have 4 rifles I plan on making hand loads for. Once they are all set-up for trajectory and grouping my frequency of use will subside. At that point I will be looking for some hunt time.

Thanks for the reply!

Jim C.

#1072821 - 07/27/16 11:52 PM Re: Looking for an opportunity to share a private shooting location - 200yds [Re: Va Hunter]
Yimmy Offline
Pea shooter

Thanks but too far away. Need within 50 miles of Richmond.

Jim C.

Edited by Yimmy (07/28/16 11:23 AM)

#1347560 - 04/29/18 08:19 PM Re: Looking for an opportunity to share a private shooting location - 200yds [Re: Yimmy]
ronin4770 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Richmond
Hey Yimmy,

My names Scott - I live in the richmond area... was wondering if you ever found a place to shoot at distance? I have a .308 thatís growing antsy to stretch her legs & cant seem to find a single place to shoot thatís over 100-yds?! If you ever found a place & are interested in a shooting partner, let me know, would you please?

Best,

- Scott