VA Gun Trader thanks you!
Your donations help keep the website free and also allows for improvements.

Click the PayPal button or IM me for further info and thank you!

Whenever you use this search button to buy on Amazon, you are supporting VGT at no extra cost to you.

Anything you purchase is helping to pay for Hosting and Bandwidth.

Click image(s), below to buy on Amazon

VGT Advertisers ( Sign Up With Us )
Topic Options
#1370162 - 07/02/18 01:28 PM Sig 365 review.
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: NOVA-FAUQUIER & FAIRFAX
City or County: Fauquier
Due to the high demand and interest in the Sig P365 I would like to do a review of the handgun. My review will start with the following.
*Initial inspection of exterior and interior of the firearm.
*I will clean the firearm to remove any factory lubricant.
*I will fire several different weights, brands and bullet types of factory ammunition and list any malfunctions as well as any other findings.
*I will chronograph several loads and possibly perform some testing in ballistic gelatin. I may also bench the pistol and perform accuracy testing.
*I will provide updates, observations and findings after each shooting session.
My goal is to try and provide an accurate review of the p365. There seems to be an endless supply of horror stories about the p365 experiencing broken firing pins, dragging firing pins, failures to extract, failures to go into battery and ammo sensitivity. I would like to share my experience and let you decide if its a posible contender for your waistband.
Please read the terms of sale regarding location in my FOR SALE ads. If you would like an item but cannot make that time or location please let me know before sending an "I'll take it" and I will see if we can work something out."

#1370170 - 07/02/18 01:43 PM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Fairfax County
Following. I have the X-Ray sights version, and so far so good, 220 rounds, no issues. I do notice excessive Striker drag, although usually normal, these drags seem to be a lot more pronounced. I will do another 200 or so soon.

"Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down." -Unforgiven

"There's always free food on the end of a hook"

#1370715 - 07/04/18 12:32 AM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Here we go.
Did an FFL transfer for a new in box SIG P365 that I had shipped to Virginia Arms in Manassas. They had had intermittent shippments so I decided to order from Grabagun.com. Of course after arriving to pick up my p365 I notice they have received a shipment of p365's and they are priced $50 less than what I paid and no $30 transfer fee (minus $2 State Police fee). My luck, as usual!
The model I received is the current "upgraded model" with the X-Ray 3, 3 dot night sights. My friends at Virginia Arms are always honest about products they sell and the salesman informed of known issues the p365 has had. I have dealt with them for over a decade and i'm certain they would not push this as a defensive handgun to any customer who wasn't familiar with the issues the handgun has had. I chose to purchase it knowing SIG had some work to do. (I'm sure they would recommend the usuals, Glock 19/43, S&W Shield, M&P compact or any other defensive handgun with a proven track record for reliability for someone who was asking for their recomendation)
I took the handgun home and cleaned it to remove any factory lubricant. I then lubed the P365 with SLIP2000 gun lube in the areas listed in the owners manual.

**First test 50 rounds of Freedom Munitions, new 147 grain 9mm FMJ.
The Sig P365 fired all 50 rounds. I had no failures to fire, failures to go into battery or failures to eject. The brass ejected to my 3 o'clock and ejected about 4' out of the pistol.
*At this point I was very happy. I was fully expecting for the gun to have issues at least on the first magazine but it did not.
It is very unusual firing 11 rounds from such a tiny handgun. Being Glock 43 sized I kept waiting for slide lock around the 7th round, but with the p365 you get 10+1 with the flush magazine. With the slightly extended 12 round magazine you get 13 rounds (1 chambered) in a package that fits in the palm of your hand and is 1" wide.

**Test #2. The dreaded Wolf, Polyperformance 115 grain steel case, 9mm FMJ (I actually shoot the heck out of it, but others despise it)
The P365 fired 48 of the 50 rounds that were tested. The two rounds that did not fire had light primer strike marks, but did fire after being rechambered. The Wolf produced very light recoil and grouped well on the steel silhouette, just like the Freedom Munitions 147 FMJ that was fired before it.

**Test #3 Aguila 124 grain 9mm FMJ. 150 rounds were fired. The p365 chambered, fired and ejected all rounds. Things are looking good!
Continued....

Edited by Execprotect (07/04/18 12:41 AM)
Please read the terms of sale regarding location in my FOR SALE ads. If you would like an item but cannot make that time or location please let me know before sending an "I'll take it" and I will see if we can work something out."

#1370717 - 07/04/18 12:42 AM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

I'm done with the chronograph results. Posting shortly...

#1371046 - 07/05/18 12:20 AM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Chronograph results. Average of 5 shots from 10 feet.

Wolf 115 Grain steel case 9mm FMJ
1004 FPS

Federal HST 147 Grain JHP
921 FPS

Federal HST 124 Grain JHP
1075 FPS

Hornady Critical Duty 135 Grain JHP

Federal HST 147 Grain +P JHP

Speer Gold Dot 124 Grain +P JHP

#1371051 - 07/05/18 12:25 AM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

The p365 has probably the best grip feel of any of the "micro" compacts on the market. The gun seemed to point naturally but due to my affinity with Glocks, I tend to shoot low with Sigs and CZ pistols and this was no exception. My first two magazines impacted about 6" low of my intended point of impact, but I quickly figured out what sight picture was needed to make X ring hits.

#1375895 - 07/17/18 09:02 PM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
Fox84 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Chester, Va
City or County: Chester
I received mine from Buds today. Will post range results soon. My trigger is awesome with nice reset. Same size as my Keltec with a P320 trigger.
My results may not be helpful as they will be homegrown Berry's 124 hp.

Edited by Fox84 (07/17/18 09:09 PM)

#1378903 - 07/25/18 01:27 AM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Mine now has over 600 rounds through it without issue. I would like to start carrying it but the striker issue is still in the bsck of my head so I've been holding off.

#1379423 - 07/26/18 01:21 PM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Please keep it up, and thanks for doing this. I'm also wondering about the striker issue and it's the only thing keeping me from carrying it.

I still only have 220rnds thru mine, so you're ahead of me. I'll catch up soon and post results on here if any.

#1386396 - 08/13/18 11:45 AM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Still truckin at 700+ rounds. Added the Sig LIMA, green laser module; very bright and seems to hold zero well.

#1386398 - 08/13/18 11:47 AM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

I must add that I am not experiencing the brass dragging issue like others have stated. A simple oblong, firing pin shaped dimple is the only mark left on expelled brass.

#1421797 - 11/13/18 02:16 PM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Just had to add more to this...

Shot the P365 again this weekend, totaling approx 900 rounds or so and still not one malfunction of any kind. This is with no lube or cleaning since received.

Finally decided to clean it as my OCD was kicking in. Think I have enough confidence to put into my carry routine. Man, I love this thing!

#1421929 - 11/13/18 07:34 PM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
DRDinthe703 Offline
No longer in the 703

Loc: Ruther Glen, VA The U.S. of A
City or County: Caroline, Ruther Glen
Following. What is everyone's BOD? I have one dated July and one April 30th. I hear those after June were all fine and fixed. I haven't shot the April 30 (or around there of) enough to get any issues but I did put 200 rounds through it today so far, so good.

#1421973 - 11/13/18 09:46 PM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

I can't remember mine, but I know it's either April or May.

"Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down." -Unforgiven

"There's always free food on the end of a hook"

#1421995 - 11/13/18 11:06 PM Re: Sig 365 review. [Re: Execprotect]
hanover1 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Montpelier
City or County: Hanover
Mine is March 2018. Probably 700-800 rounds shot with no issues.